Science and Engineeringat the University of Edinburgh
School of Engineering and Electronics >> Information for applicants
University crest - link to University home page
Undergraduate Study
Degrees Available
Entry Requirements
Recruitment Video
Frequently asked questions
Contact us

General Contacts

Home Pages
The School
The College
The University

Bobby WorldWide Approved AAA

Answers to frequently asked questions

How should I choose between a BEng and MEng degree?

The extra year of a MEng degree provides you with the opportunity to do more in depth work. Compared to a BEng degree, a number of extra modules are also included to increase your knowledge and skills, and to prepare you for your future career. The MEng takes an extra year when compared to the BEng, however, it is now the degree standard required by the Institutions for attaining chartered engineer status. Students are formally selected for MEng at the end of the third year of the course; however, it is advisable to sign up for this degree at the start if you are interested in it. If you choose the BEng course then it is still possible to become a chartered engineer, although extra training is likely to be required. If you would like further advice on this subject then please contact us.

Back to the questions

Contact us

If this doesn't fully answer your question, or you have other questions, please contact us.

Last modified Monday, 21-Oct-2002 09:50:49 BST